Sunday, October 30, 2011

my 12 wbt so far...

Just posted the follwing on 12wbt forum :-)

Feeling Good :-) 

Well I can't say this has been an easy journey. The first 4 weeks my diet was immaculate. 1200 calories or less a day, not 1 scrap of chocolate passed my lips, nor did I feel I was missing it. My weight loss was consistent, if not terribly thrilling, topped off my 3.3 kilos lost by week 5 when others were posting about 5-10 k loses. Where I struggled was exercise. NO TIME. This is not an excuse. My life is insane. I am a single mother of 3 extremely active children aged 18, 12 and 8. Between ridiculous work hours, ferrying them left right and centre to their various dancing commitments, my 12 year old in particular is a soloist, and she trains over 15 hours a week, (without 1 single push from me,) and then competes most weekends. Add to that the new pressure of actually preparing proper meals instead of grabbing takeaway 3 or 4 nights a week, plus getting to the gym for a half hearted effort around 10pm at night, I developed a terrifying issue wherein I've been losing memory. My 18 year old was quite worried as she knows I usually have a photographic memory of every word spoken to me, to discover I had no recollection of several major events in the last few weeks.

Stress being the official verdict.

Now its not a hard stretch of the imagination to figure out that a single mother is stressed! But this was a whole new level! Basically I was so desperate to SEE some results from putting even MORE pressure on myself than normal to set the best example for my girls as I can, I was literally breaking down. Several extreme anxiety attacks later, I have been very lucky to effect some changes.

My employer has been AMAZING, and allowed me to change my work hours, so that I can now finish at a reasonable hour, get to the gym, and be home in time to pick my girls up from their dance studio and get home to prepare a proper healthy meal. I'm also extremely lucky that my employer houses a world class gym facility which I am now a member of :-)

Weeks 5 and 6 were nasty. I started eating bad again, and this is when I cracked. Week 7, the wheels came back on track, and now I am really ready to hit week 8 hard. :-)

I've discovered, that for me, the SSS has to be on a Friday. Saturday just doesn't work in with my life. My first successful SSS was awesome, body combat class, body balance, and then my own dance class Friday night. Rest day Saturday, then today I went for a 3.6 k run, (5 laps of the local lake) then went for a swim to cool off, then after a sun bake swam 40 laps of my local 25 metre pool.

I was trying so hard to fit my square self into a round hole, but I am finding that I can work this program to fit with me :-)

I have no family support, and my ex husband moved interstate and sees the kids once a blue moon. I never get time off or time out, I am not complaining, I adore my kids, but depression, loneliness and the fact that as a single parent your life is not your own, took their toll on my health.

For the first time in forever I feel like I'm doing something good for ME. Not sure what the scales will reflect on Wednesday, or the fit test this week... BUT I FEEL healthier.

It's been crazy, my life always is, this was just a new thing to balance in, but I'm confident I'm on the road to good health FINALLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment